Monday, March 23, 2009

So scary...

Before I was a mom, I can remember hearing stories of young children doing things and the parents saying "It just happened so fast." I can also remember thinking "Ya, right, you just weren't watching..."
Now that I have a two year old, I get it. I don't think I am an awful mom, I think I am pretty good at watching what Chase is doing, and yet within arms reach, in my own home, I had been watching him look out my window. I looked away for "just a second" and he had tangled himself up in the living room bamboo blinds cord...It startled me, and I said "Chase" (as loudly as I can,,,) and it startled Chase, he jumped (luckily still on the couch, and not to the ground) and this is the rope burn he ended up with.
Something like this could have ended so much more tragically, and I am so grateful I walked away with this warning...
Three lessons I learned/remembered this day...
1.) Try not to pass judgment, you never know what your situation will bring.
2.) Things really can happen when you look away for "just a second."
3.) Life is so SO precious.

~Coral


1 comment:

  1. Thank the stars that it all turned out ok, poor little guy. It's true, life can change in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete