Friday, May 26, 2006

Scary moment....

Ian and I just got back from taking Kita for a walk, down at the "Dog Walk." For those of you who aren't familiar with the "Dog Walk" it's a nice little walk here in Nelson, along the water where dogs are allowed to tear around off leash and just enjoy themselves.
We had decided we wanted to take her down there tonight for a quick little walk to see how high the water is. It is very high!! Anyhow, just as we are ending our walk, Kita runs out on this piece of cement, which because the water is so high right now is even with the water...and she fell in. I never even saw her fall in, I just heard her trying to get out...without even thinking I tore out there myself and grabbed her out of the water. Needless to say Ian is breathing better now that we are all out of "harms way." What a scary moment, but it wasn't until after I had got her out of the water that I burst into tears!
Anyhow, we're all fine...but thought I would share that interesting story with all of you. I think I might go back down tomorrow and take some pictures of the water level.
Take care,
Coral

No comments:

Post a Comment