Friday, August 10, 2007

He is Brilliant!!!

Smiles....
So today I was talking to Christine on the phone telling her how good Chase is at walking hanging on to only one hand or one finger. She told me that she had heard that if babies are doing that, if you give them something to hold in their hand, that they would normally hold on to you with, that it somehow balances them, and they feel confident enough to try on their own...Well I was SO excited to try...GUESS WHAT??!??!?!
Chase did it! He took three steps, and then fell in to me, then we tried again...and he went four steps, fell in to me, and them four steps again....then he fell on his bum and clapped for himself! I cheered!! He was soooo excited and proud of himself, and of course so was I!!
So today he is four days shy of being ten months old...and he's "toddeling" about!!! (Sort of...) I mean he'll walk hanging on to stuff, unless I set him up to walk a couple steps to me...Than he does that too. How very exciting!!!
~Coral
Also, I really need to thank all of you wonderful girls...I was feeling so, SO awful about Chase's falls. I felt extreme guilt...all of your stories, and comments made me feel so much better. I know that their will probably be much worse (here's to hoping not though) and certainly more to come...I guess it's just part of growing and becoming independent...However I would still rather he learn in a padded room!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment