Sunday, August 19, 2007

What's been going on?

Well in the last little while there hasn't been too much going on, really... Friday night was probably the most exciting. I was on my way to bed when I heard sirens. I looked out my bedroom window and saw probably 4 or 5 police cars going flying by my house and then shut off their sirens (this was @ 11:00pm) Then came another one, followed by another two or three!! Well, this is obviously something big!! Ian went down the stairs and outside to check and see what was going on...It was very close to the house, as all the lights were on, and you could see that! Anyhow, after Ian came back in he came up the stairs to tell me what he found out (here comes the fire truck) And that was... A kid stole a car, was on a high speed chase through the town (did he not realize this town is full of hills...) ratbagged the car so bad it almost started on fire, apparently that is when he jumped out and started jumping my neighbors fences...Really couldn't have known where he was going!! So that was my Friday night excitement! Saturday, I went and cut my hair all off...Today, nothing yet....Just awaiting Chase's nap to be over!
Hope this finds you all well!
~Coral
P.S. I forgot to mention...As most of you know, there is a crazy forest fire over here, and they have evacuated a few homes, near the Waneta Border...(where Ian worked last year) Anyhow here's a picture of what the sky has been looking like at night...(Well, the picture above is actually in the afternoon, but the two below are in the evening.) I think the sun looks so beautiful! Also it has been raining ash...I swept it up, and mind you some of this pile is leaves and needles from the trees, but about 70% of it is ash from the fires!!








No comments:

Post a Comment